This topic is for agents. If you are an administrator, see the administrator documentation for digital channels in Agent for Salesforce.
If your organization uses Digital First Omnichannel, you can interact with contacts on digital channels A way for contacts and agents to interact, such as voice, email, chat, social media, and so on. using Agent for Salesforce Lightning. Digital channels include:
- Messaging through social channels Public social media interactions, such as on Facebook or Twitter like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
- Your organization's own digital Any channel, contact, or skill associated with Digital First Omnichannel. channels like chat, SMS (text) messaging, and email.
Not all channels may be available to you. Your administrator determines the channels you use to handle interactions.
Digital interactions are only supported with Agent for Salesforce Lightning.
Key Facts about Digital Channels
- To handle interactions from a channel, your administrator must assign you to a routing queue The system uses routing queues to determine which agents to route cases to. Your system administrator creates routing queues so that certain cases are routed to agents with expertise in that type of case. for that channel.
- Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter channels only support messaging. Interacting with posts A social media thread stems from one original post. A post can result in multiple threads from various contacts. is not supported.
- The WhatsApp channel supports messaging in response to contact inquiries and initiating contact with customers. This means you can contact customers outside of WhatsApp's 24-hour communication window. You can only contact customers that have given your organization permission to contact them.
- Digital chat, email, and SMS channels are not the same as the chat, email, and SMS channels available on the Omni tab. They are processed through Digital First Omnichannel, the part of CXone that handles digital interactions. Your organization may use one or the other option for these channels, or they may use both.
- Email and SMS channels support inbound and outbound messages.
- For Twitter channels, the contact ID is not the Twitter handle. It is be a numeric identifier that comes from Digital First Omnichannel. Digital First Omnichannel is the part of CXone that processes digital interactions.
When you're set up to handle digital The master or parent ID for one or more related contacts. A new master contact ID will be assigned if a contact has been transferred 3 or more times. interactions, Agent for Salesforce displays a Digital tab. The Digital tab is your digital inbox, where you handle digital interactions.
Your administrator will assign you to one or more routing queues Digital First equivalent of a skill; routes each contact to an agent assigned to handle that type of contact. Routing queues determine which interactions come into your digital inbox. The system uses routing queues to make sure interactions go to the agents who have the skills or training to handle them. Routing queues can be based on channel, like Facebook or email. They can also be based on other criteria, such as agents who speak a certain language.
Anne Shirley and Diana Barry are agents with the Avonlea Boutique. Anne and Diana are assigned to the email routing queue. Because Diana speaks fluent French, she is also in the French routing queue. A French-speaking customer from Quebec contacts Avonlea Boutique by email. The system routes the interaction to Diana instead of Anne because Diana is in the email and French routing queues.
A new interaction appears in the digital inboxes of all agents in that interaction's routing queue. When you click on an interaction, it becomes assigned to you. You are the only one who can work on it until you end your time with it. You can transfer an interaction to a different queue at any time if you need to.
Key Facts about the Digital Inbox
- The digital inbox queue automatically fills with interactions as they become available.
- Click an interaction to assign it to yourself.
- You can assign an interaction to a different agent if you need to. You can also transfer an interaction to a different routing queue The system uses routing queues to determine which agents to route cases to. Your system administrator creates routing queues so that certain cases are routed to agents with expertise in that type of case..
- For inbound email digital channels, parking and drafts are not supported.
- For inbound email digital channels, JPG and PNG images display inline. You must download and open all other image types.
- For chat channels, the Contact Details page includes the Customer Fingerprint. This provides information that helps identify the customer. This includes the operating system, browser, language, and location.
- Sort or filter interactions on the Digital tab to locate the one you need. You can sort by channel A way for contacts and agents to interact, such as voice, email, chat, social media, and so on., interaction priority, or when the interaction was received. You can filter interactions by case status to display only cases that are open, new, or resolved.
- You can send outbound emails or text messages from the Digital tab.
- The channels or kinds of interactions you handle depend on the digital channels your organization uses. They also depend on the routing queues you're assigned to.
- You can handle calls and digital interactions at the same time in Agent for Salesforce Lightning, if you have the skills Used to automate delivery of interactions based on agent skills, abilities, and knowledge and routing queues for both types of interactions. If your Agent for Salesforce Lightning has both an Omni tab and a Digital tab, you're set up to handle both calls and digital interactions.
- Audio-visual notifications from Agent for Salesforce Lightning only work for omnichannel interactions.
Any social media, social networking, and other technology sites, applications, or products referenced in this topic are the property of their respective owners.