Many of these options are supported in both Desktop Studio and CXone Studio. See the online help pages for each option for details.
CXone Studio is a new product that's part of a Controlled Release (CR) program. If you're not part of the CR program and want to be, contact your CXone Account Representative.
Studio supports advanced development options. You can integrate new technologies, features, or third-party applications and services into CXone.
Many advanced options require configuration outside of Studio. Additional configuration may be required in CXone or in the application you're integrating into CXone. Refer to the online help for each integration for more information.
Advanced options include:
- APIs: You can use API calls in your Studio scripts. The endpoints you use can be in the CXone APIs, or the APIs of third-party systems. Using APIs requires that you understand APIs and how to work with them.
- Agent Assistants (Agent Assist Hub): Integrate agent assistants into agent applications such as MAX or Agent for Salesforce. Agent assistants A software application that provides context-specific help to the agent. listen to the conversation between the agent and the contact. As the conversation progresses, they provide helpful information to the agent. This help can include things such as FAQs or performance-based guidance. Agent Assist Hub is part of a special controlled release (CR) program. If you're not part of the CR group and would like more information, contact your CXone Account Representative.
- Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR): Integrate ASR into your IVR Automated phone menu that allows callers to interact through voice commands, key inputs, or both, to obtain information, route an inbound voice call, or both. prompts. This allows contacts to respond to prompts by speaking instead of entering DTMF Signaling tones that are generated when a user presses or taps a key on their telephone keypad. tones. CXone offers ASR as an optional feature using the industry-leading Nuance ASR engine, which enhances the accuracy of your system's voice recognition.
- Bots and Virtual Agents (Virtual Agent Hub): Integrate bots and virtual agents into your contact center. These options provide conversational AI for your IVR Automated phone menu that allows callers to interact through voice commands, key inputs, or both, to obtain information, route an inbound voice call, or both.. They can handle some interactions in place of a live agent. Supported virtual agent providers include CXone SmartAssist Powered by Amelia, Google Dialogflow ES and CX, and Amazon Lex. Some of the virtual agent providers CXone supports are part of a special controlled release (CR) program. If you're not part of the CR group and would like more information, contact your CXone Account Representative.
- DB Connector: Integrate DB Connector into CXone as a gateway between the NICE CXone platform and your corporate database. DB Connector is commonly used to retrieve information from a private database and provide it to the agent. For example, you could pull a customer number or order number based on the caller ID and use it in a screen pop A configurable pop-up window with information about the contact. It appears on an agent's screen after a certain event, usually when the agent connects to a contact. for the agent to reference. DB Connector is a Windows-based, encrypted service.
- Cloud Transcription and Cloud TTS: Integrate third-party transcription (speech-to-text) or text-to-speech services with CXone. You can use these services with agent assistants, virtual agent bots A software application that handles customer interactions in place of a live human agent., or your existing IVRs. Supported providers include Google.
- Using WSDL/Proxy DLLs: A dynamic-link library (DLL) is a collection of code or other data that can be used by applications or other libraries/modules. You can integrate a RESTful or SOAP web service through Studio by importing a WSDL or proxy DLL.