AI assistants and bots allow you to use a range of artificial intelligence (AI) options with CXone. These options include
CXone offers native options for bots, virtual agents, and agent assist applications, but also supports integration with many third-party providers. Native solutions include:
- CXone Bot Builder allows you to create bots from scratch.
- CXone SmartAssist is an intelligent conversational virtual agent powered by Amelia, an industry-leading virtual agent provider.
- Real-Time Interaction Guidance is an agent assist application that offers alerts and guidance to agents based on their performance during interactions.
Most AI integrations, including native solutions, require custom scripting in Studio.
CXone Bot Builder enables you to create your own virtual agents, or bots, even if you have no coding knowledge or programming expertise. If you can carry on a conversation, you can create a working bot. These bots can handle interactions that are simple or complex. For example, bots can simply collect information from a contact before passing them to a live agent, or they can handle full conversations with the contact in place of live agents.
Bot Builder is currently accessible from the Digital First Omnichannel portal.
Virtual Agent Bots
You can use third-party virtual agents to handle interactions with contacts. The interactions can be simple or complex. For example, virtual agents can collect information from a contact before passing them to a live agent, or they can handle full conversations with the contact in place of live agents.
CXone supports the following virtual agents:
- Amazon Lex V1
- Amazon Lex V2
- CXone SmartAssist Powered by Amelia
- Enlighten Autopilot
- Google Dialogflow CX
- Google Dialogflow ES
- IBM Watson Assistant
- Microsoft Azure
- Nuance Mix
- Custom AI Integration with Custom Exchange Endpoints
Manage the connections to your third-party virtual agents in Virtual Agent Hub in CXone.
Agent Assist Applications
Agent assist applications allow you to provide your agents helpful information in real time during an interaction. For example, an agent assistant could listen to the conversation and provide the agent FAQs that are relevant to the contact's questions. This makes it easier for the agent to swiftly answer questions without making the contact wait.
CXone supports these agent assist applications:
- CXone Enlighten AutoSummary: Provides an AI-generated summary of the interaction within seconds after it ends.
- CXone Real-Time Interaction Guidance: Provides guidance to agents during voice interactions. Guidance is based on the agent's performance, such as the things they say or don't say.
- Google Contact Center AI: Provides information to the agent that's relevant to the contact's concerns, such as FAQs and knowledge base articles. For CXone chat and voice interactions.
- Omilia Voice Biometrics: Provides biometric verification that your contacts are who they say they are.
- SalesForce Assist: Provides a real-time transcript of voice interactions that appears in Salesforce.
Manage your agent assistants in Agent Assist Hub in CXone.
TTS and Transcription
AI integrations rely on text-to-speech Allows users to enter recorded prompts as text and use a computer-generated voice to speak the content. (TTS) and transcription Written form of a voice or digital interaction (STT) services.
For TTS, you can use CXone Cloud TTS. For transcription, CXone supports two options. You can use Turn-by-Turn Transcription for virtual agent integrations. For agent assist applications, you can use Continuous Stream Transcription.
In many cases, you can also choose to use the TTS and STT services provided by the virtual agent or agent assist provider. The online help for setting up these applications in CXone provides information about your choices.