Disconnects parties that are in a two-party conversation. Functions with inbound and manual outbound phone, but not Personal Connection.
Supported Script Types
|Path taken unless the script meets a condition that requires it to take one of the other branches. It is also taken if the action's other branches are not defined.|
Tips & Tricks
- Use Unlink to undo a Link action or to disconnect a caller from a live agent.
- There are two circumstances where Unlink is used:
- After an agent has answered a queued call
- After performing a Link with another call
- If a call has been answered by an agent (see Reqagent for details), the script can issue Unlink to return to a state where the script can again interact with the caller (IVR Automated phone menu that allows callers to interact through voice commands, key inputs, or both, to obtain information, route an inbound voice call, or both.). Once a second party is connected to a caller, audio can be played to the caller with a Whisper action. Use Unlink to disconnect the two parties. When an agent has been in a conversation with a caller, and the conversation ends, the agent will be returned to an "Available" state (ready for the next contact) while the caller is placed in a "Post-Queue" state. At this point, the script may execute Play, Menu, Capture, and Record actions.
- If two calls have been connected with a Link action, the Unlink action will disconnect the two parties and leave both active. Therefore, it is important to use the ONSIGNAL event to alert another script. Otherwise, the script will remain active, but idle. Refer to Onsignal for a method of communicating between scripts. An unlinked call can be re-linked at any time. It may also be linked to a different call.