Transfers calls outside the CXone system.
Supported Script Types
|Destination||The phone number to which the call will be routed.|
|OnDialingError||Path taken if the phone network is unable to place the call for a technical reason.|
Tips & Tricks
- Blindxfer and Transfer both redirect calls outside of the CXone system. The difference between the two is that Blindxfer does not use any of the ports Where information transfers, over a network, between a computer and a server. allocated to the call, so none of the call details after the blind transfer can be saved, whereas Transfer uses CXone ports, so call details can be saved and reporting can be used.
- If the blind transfer requires custom SIP Protocol used for signaling and controlling multimedia communication sessions such as voice and video calls. headers, you must use the SIPXFERPUTHD action to create them.
- Any contact history data that occurs in the script prior to Blindxfer will be stored.
- After Blindxfer is executed, CXone ports are no longer used (so you will no longer be billed for the CXone ports being used).
- If the transfer fails, CXone cannot recover the call.
- After Blindxfer is executed, reporting and call control is no longer possible by CXone.
- Onrelease is commonly used with Blindxfer (when Blindxfer is executed, Onrelease is triggered so you can include any desired post-contact actions).
- Onrelease data that occurs after Blindxfer can still be stored.
- Long-distance charges may apply to calls transferred long-distance.
- The person receiving a call transferred by Blindxfer sees the original caller's phone number as the caller ID (ANI).
Phone Script Example Using Blindxfer
In this script, Begin triggers the Hours action. If the Hours of Operation profile settings show the contact center to be open, the call will be delivered to an agent. If the contact center is closed or on holiday, Blindxfer will route the call to [example phone number] 8015551212 (set in the Blindxfer properties) to be handled.
Would you like to download this script?