Processes the end of a call, specifically for emailing a voicemail or sending call data to a database or a website.
Supported Script Types
The name of the variable that stores the cause code. Cause codes are numeric values that are sent by the phone carrier in case of an error. If nothing is entered, the variable will default to p1.
|Path taken unless the script meets a condition that requires it to take one of the other branches. It is also taken if the action's other branches are not defined.|
Tips & Tricks
- Onrelease is an event.
- When a caller, agent, or Hangup action hangs up the phone, the contact is released and the script is terminated.
- When a caller, agent, or Hangup action hangs up the phone, and there is an Onrelease event in the script, the script will not terminate immediately, but will continue until there are no more actions that follow, or a Stop or Hangup action is executed.
- Media - specific actions (such as Play, Menu, or Record) are not allowed after the Onrelease event. The Runsub and Runscript actions should not be placed after the Onrelease action.
- To process a phone call contact, CXone will use a Voice port. After a call has been released (i.e., completed), CXone will use an Other port (if one is available) to handle end of call processing. If there is not an Other port available, CXone will continue to use the Voice port.
- For troubleshooting purposes, when you run the debugger within Studio, the SS7 cause codes will auto populate the _CALLRESULT, _CAUSECODE, and _CAUSECODECATEGORYID to indicate the reason a call was released.
- There can be only one Onrelease event in a script.