Custom Reporting lets you create reports specific to your needs, such as assessing personal performance, presenting statistics to leadership, or archiving results. You can tailor a custom report to generate data for your entire organization, or nuanced details for individual contacts. Starting with a custom report template, the report creator selects the exact metrics and attributes for CXone to track. The Reporting application generates the reports based on the settings in the template, then distributes the custom report to all recipients through email.
Roles control who can view, create, modify, and delete report templates, schedules and SFTP accounts for report scheduling. To gain access to these features, a user must be assigned either the Administrator role or a custom role.
You should only run 30 days of data at a time, or you run the risk of the report timing out. If you choose to run a report with more data, it is better to schedule it to run at a "slow business" time (such as non-business hours), when your system is not experiencing substantial use. If your report times out and fails to produce data, you may receive notifications such as "The schedule script timed out after waiting for a response" or "Rescheduling Cause: The scheduled script timed out after waiting for a response".
To receive system-generated emails from CXone, ensure that your mail servers have the appropriate FQDNs and IP addresses allowed and added to your sender SPF Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentication standard that helps protect senders and recipients from spam, spoofing, and phishing. By adding an SPF record to your Domain Name System (DNS), you can provide a public list of senders that are approved to send email from your domain. records. These differ depending on your geographic region and CXone setup. The Ports page and Platform Requirements section contains the necessary information. Examples of system-generated emails are:
- Emailed reports
- Chat transcripts
- System notifications
- Email channel emails
Key Features of Custom Reports
- Custom Headers allow for consistent branding or organizational purposes.
- Custom Categories help you keep custom reports organized.
- Schedules control how frequently a report is generated, or you can manually run the report at any time.
- Custom reports can be sent to CXone users, external email addresses, or you can add an external SFTP server to receive and store reports.
- NICE CXone provides a list of global report templates, which are commonly used templates to help you get started.
- CXone stores 25 months of contact summary data and 90 days of contact detail data.