NICE CXone Digital First Omnichannel allows you to add digital Any non-voice channel, contact, or skill such as email, chat, messaging, work item, or SMS. communication channels A way for contacts and agents to interact, such as voice, email, chat, social media, and so on. to CXone and manage them as you would other channels in your contact center. Digital channels include:
- Social channels like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Messaging channels like WhatsApp, Twitter DM, and Facebook Messenger.
- Chat, SMS (text) messaging, and email.
Agents can use MAX or Fully Integrated Lightning Agent for Salesforce to handle digital interactions. You can have agents handle only digital interactions, or both digital and voice interactions.
A comprehensive product training video is also available for those who are new to Digital First Omnichannel.
The Jungle, a subsidiary of Classics Inc., uses a variety of methods to communicate with customers. In addition to using traditional contact center channels like inbound phone, chat, and email, Jungle team members also:
- Have heavy social media interaction with their customers using Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Have direct conversations with their customers using messaging apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
- Regularly post video content to YouTube and engage with users about the videos.
- Post job openings on LinkedIn.
By using CXone with Digital First Omnichannel, The Jungle is able to effectively manage all of their communication channels, and monitor their competition, in a unified manner.
Set Up Digital First Omnichannel
To get started with Digital First Omnichannel, you need to complete these steps. You must have a minimum of one channel A way for contacts and agents to interact, such as voice, email, chat, social media, and so on. and one routing queue The system uses routing queues to determine which agents to route cases to. Your system administrator creates routing queues so that certain cases are routed to agents with expertise in that type of case. that's configured to route to an agent who is configured for Digital Engagement.
- Add channels (such as chat, email, Facebook, or Twitter). The requirements and setup process varies for each channel.
- Configure the role and routing settings for your channels.
- Configure general system settings.
- Enable users as digital agents with the Digital Engagement attribute in their CXone employee profile, assign roles to them, and add them to routing queues The system uses routing queues to determine which agents to route cases to. Your system administrator creates routing queues so that certain cases are routed to agents with expertise in that type of case..
- If your agents will use the Fully Integrated Lightning Agent for Salesforce with Digital First Omnichannel, you need to map contact details between Salesforce and Digital First Omnichannel.
Key Facts About Digital First Omnichannel Administration
- Some administration tasks of Digital First Omnichannel take place in the Digital First Omnichannel portal. Click the app selector (the grid icon in the CXone title bar), scroll to the Others section, and click Digital to launch this portal.
- Agents can also access the Digital First Omnichannel portal. They can use the portal to modify their digital Any non-voice channel, contact, or skill such as email, chat, messaging, work item, or SMS. profile. Digital profiles provide profile information that Digital First Omnichannel uses in some interactions. The digital profile doesn't change anything in the agent's CXone employee profile or impact any omnichannel The ability to work on multiple interactions from different channels at the same time. contacts they may interact with.
- Digital First Omnichannel chat, email, and SMS channels are different from the omnichannel The ability to work on multiple interactions from different channels at the same time. chat, SMS, and email channels that you may be familiar with. Your organization can use both the digital and the omnichannel versions of these channels at the same time.
- There are several channel features that can be utilized in messaging channels Direct interactions using social media like Twitter DM, WhatsApp, or Facebook Messenger and SMS, chat, and email. These features include the ability to set up appointment scheduling and payment processing, as well as create and display entry points for digital channels directly on your website.
- Reporting for Digital First Omnichannel is available in the Digital First Omnichannel portal. Click the app selector (the grid icon in the CXone title bar), scroll to the Others section, and click Digital to launch this portal. Then, click Reports in the top menu bar. The exception to this is the Digital Agents Set for Voice and Voice Agents Set for Digital data download reports, which you can access in the CXone Reporting application.
Key Facts About Digital First Omnichannel for Your Agents
- Agents must be configured for Digital Engagement in CXone and be assigned to at least one routing queue to use Digital First Omnichannel. If an agent cannot see the digital workspace in their agent application, one or both of these requirements may be missing.
- Agents can use MAX or the Fully Integrated Lightning Agent for Salesforce to handle digital interactions. No additional configuration is required to use MAX with Digital First Omnichannel. If you use Agent for Salesforce, you need to map contact details to Digital First Omnichannel.
- In MAX, there is a dedicated workspace for digital interactions. This workspace, or digital inbox, does not use any of the configurable custom workspaces in MAX, which remain available for other purposes.
- In Fully Integrated Lightning Agent for Salesforce, the digital inbox is on a separate tab from the space where agents handle omnichannel The ability to work on multiple interactions from different channels at the same time. interactions.
- In both supported agent applications, agents can determine how and in what order to work the cases in their digital inboxes.
- MAX supports all Digital First Omnichannel channels.
Fully Integrated Lightning Agent for Salesforce supports these types of interactions and channels:
- Chat—Supports the Digital First Omnichannel live chat Agents and contacts interact on a real-time basis feature. This channel supports inbound and outbound chat interactions.
- Email—Email through Digital First Omnichannel is separate from omnichannel email. This channel supports inbound and outbound email.
- SMS—Supports SMS through Digital First Omnichannel. This is different from omnichannel SMS.
- WhatsApp—Supports messaging in response to customer inquiries. Agent for Salesforce doesn't support sending proactive outbound messages with the WhatsApp channel.
- Twitter—Supports Twitter direct messaging.
- Facebook Messenger—Supports direct messaging using Facebook Messenger.
- Instagram—Supports Instagram direct messaging.
- If agents also have voice skills Used to automate delivery of interactions based on agent skills, abilities, and knowledge, they can handle both voice and digital Any non-voice channel, contact, or skill such as email, chat, messaging, work item, or SMS. contacts in the same agent application.
- The MAX digital inbox user interface natively supports a different set of languages than the MAX agent application. Messages in supported Digital First Omnichannel channels appear in any language supported by your browser.
Any social media, social networking, and other technology sites, applications, or products referenced in this topic are the property of their respective owners.